Welcome!

Follow me as I wade through culinary adventures, physical fundamentals and the whathaveyou's of life in general.
This is the journal of a self-proclaimed fitness foodie.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

PC Day 2: New Favorite

For Day 2 of the Paleo Challenge I thought I'd break out the crock pot I received this past Christmas (thank you SantaMom!) So our local grocery store often has BOGO deals on meat. Yes, meat on sale may sound a little sketch.. but if you use your meat right away then I think you should be fine. We had some pork loin chops laying around so I decided to experiment with a pork carnitas recipes from Paleo Eats. I left out the chipotle peppers and orange juice because I didn't have any on hand (and cinnamon because I'm not a huge fan) but the meat still turned out quite NOMtastic!


I served it with iceberg lettuce in place of tortillas or taco shells and topped it off with some fresh pico de gallo and guacamole! Ole!

This will definitely be a repeat recipe. Maybe next time I'll be brave enough to throw in the OJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment